April 19, 2011

Wishing my thumb will turn green.

My love of nature never before translated into me being a gardener.  I've bought numerous house plants that always seemed to wilt & die a few months later. Gardening seems simple because after all plants need water, sunlight and air.  I didn't realize there was so much more to it than that, which explains why  I had trouble keeping a robust plant like mint that grows like a weed in the garden to stay alive. But, despite my failed attempts I am determined to relive my childhood memories of being at my uncle's house lying on their hammock munching at fresh peas & blackberries.  So I watch to learn.

Through random youtube clicking I found Alys Fowler's Edible Garden. In the above clip, Alys goes through the plan of her entirely edible suburban garden that she hopes will provide for her for the entire year so she won't have to do any grocery shopping! What a dream! I only managed to find only a couple episodes, so I don't know if she had succeeded or not, but she is nonetheless an inspiration to me. So this summer I'm undertaking a gardening adventure in my backyard, hopefully I'll have something edible...*fingers crossed

And although, this doesn't directly affect me, I wanted to share a really simple yet wonderful idea. This is exactly what I want to be doing with my life. Go ahead watch watch!


No comments:

Post a Comment