February 06, 2011

Cooking Chicken & Pie

I've fallen behind on the blogging, opps.

So for a while my aunt from the Philippines lived with us for a few months in order to do attain her license in pharmacy. You see when she wasn't studying, she'd be cooking, and it was oh so very nice to come home with food on the table. We're the family that often eats out. Now, one time, I came home to find this awesome chicken! It was moist & crunchy, and it went so well with the gravy. Eager for more, I asked for the recipe, and lo and behold it's a package! I try to steer away from the packaged foods, but this one was just so good. 

Then for dessert, French Apple Pie from the back of a Bisquick box.

Filing
3 large sliced peeled apples
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup bisquick mix
1/2 granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp butter/margarine
2 eggs

Streusel
1/2 cup bisquick mix
1/4 chopped nuts
1/4 brown sugar
2 tbsp firm butter/margarine
Oven at 325F. Grease 9-inch pie plate. Mix and place apples, cinnamon & nutmeg into pie plate.In a medium bowl stir remaining filling ingredients until well blended and pour into pie plate. In another bowl, mix all streusel ingredients until crumbly and sprinkle over filling. Bake for 40-45min, until knife inserted comes out clean.

And, to help me with chopping the nuts, I used the "handy-dandy" Slap Chop! I was so mesmerized by the infomercial  that I was so dead set on buying one last year, but thankfully Pooh stopped me because my mother was gifted one on her birthday. And, I am so glad it was a gift because it lessened the blow when I found out that  - it's doo doo. With chopping nuts it had some difficulty cutting through and kept getting stuck in between the blades. BOO!! I've also tried chopping carrots & cabbage, and it's just so much better to whip out a knife and cutting board.

No comments:

Post a Comment